Thursday, February 24, 2005

writers

An article I'd saved and found last night prompted me to write about this....

The Orange County Register, The New York Times, or The Los Angeles Times... which do you prefer? At work, I have the OC Register delivered though the contents are quite similar to the NY or LA Times. The opinion section is usually the most interesting to me because the articles are supposed to be insightful and offer intriguing perspectives that entice a person to be imaginative beyond the scope of their daily thoughts.

Lately, articles do not seem to offer anything of substance. However, while at the airport in Sydney, I bought The Daily Telegraph, and I came upon an article related to the "uproar" Prince Harry caused when he wore a Nazi swastika to a party entitled, "Youth ignorant to the horrors of the Holocaust." Written by Neil Wilson, the words he offered were insightful and challenging. I shall leave off with what I consider an astute statement by Neil Wilson, "All humanity are victims of the Holocaust because it confronted -and still confronts- us with the horrific debasement possible when man assumes the powers of God."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home